( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Ian Park's practice is in corporate commercial law, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions. He represented a wide range of corporate clients, including retail, manufacturing, engineering and professional services firms.
Prior to joining Miller Thomson, Ian practiced corporate, commercial and securities law at law firms and a large financial services firm in Toronto.
Ian received his J.D. from Western Ontario, Faculty of Law in 2009, and was called to the Ontario Bar in 2010. After starting his legal practice, Ian received an MBA from the Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, with a specialization in finance.
Ian is a skilled and detail-oriented lawyer with a proven expertise in corporate and commercial law.
With his observational skills, flexible approaches to problem solving, and the ability to communicate to professionals from different backgrounds, he acts as an agent of change to deliver results.
Ian’s area of focus:
- Leading and assisting with sale and purchase of corporate shares and assets
- Drafting and negotiating complex shareholder agreements
- Maintaining and correcting corporate records
- Drafting a broad range of business agreements
- Providing advice to businesses on regulatory matters such as anti-spam legislation, website privacy policies and consumer protection.
As a corporate trust officer at TSX Trust, Ian has assisted newly-listed cannabis producers, mining corporations, wind turbine operators, financial services, and block-chain technologies corporations with escrow accounts, subscription receipts, warrants and depositaries. As such, he has experience guiding clients through complex regulatory and operational hurdles.
- Director, Guelph Tool Library, 2019 to Present
- Overseas Korean Traders Associations
Formation et admission au barreau
- New York, 2011
- Ontario, 2010
- MBA, University of Toronto, 2014 (Graduated with Specialization in Finance. Recipient of an Entrance Scholarship).