( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Hermina litigates insurance and commercial matters at all levels of complexity. She works on a broad range of commercial general liability disputes (inclusive of pollution, liquor and faulty workmanship risks), litigation resulting from automobile accidents, issues involving breaches and enforcement of contracts, municipal and public agency liability disputes, coverage opinions, and life and disability claims. She has significant experience with accident benefits and has handled files that range from minor injuries to catastrophic impairments.
Hermina has appeared before the Court of Appeal, the Superior Court of Justice, Financial Services Commission of Ontario, Licence Appeal Tribunal, and Pension Appeals Board. She has argued multiple summary judgment motions, productions motions, and motions to oppose the setting aside of default judgment. Her work involving fraudulent insurance claims has resulted in punitive damages awards.
During law school, Hermina worked as a research assistant to professors of insurance law and municipal law. She also volunteered her time with Pro Bono Students Canada and the Community Legal Services.
In her spare time, Hermina enjoys writing. She is a regular contributor to the monthly newsletter of the Middlesex Law Association and takes part in the Association’s various committees in her capacity as a trustee.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- Trustee, Middlesex Law Association
- Member, Law Society of Ontario
- Member, Canadian Defence Lawyers Association
- Member, Middlesex Law Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 2010
- Intensive Trial Advocacy Workshop, Osgoode Hall Law School, 2017
- Juris Doctor, Western University, 2009
- Post-Degree Module (minor in history), Western University, 2006
- B.A. (psychology, honours),Western University, 2004
- Western Scholastic Excellence, Concurrent Studies, Western University, 2000