( Disponible en anglais seulement )
George A.G. Anderson maintains a litigation practice focused on insurance law. He has experience in civil litigation, including commercial litigation and class actions. Prior to the joining Miller Thomson, he worked at Bay street litigation boutique in downtown Toronto.
George provides his clients with steadfast and strategic counsel, providing a direct approach which takes into account various risks associated with litigation. He has represented clients before the BC Supreme Court and BC Provincial Court. In Ontario, he regularly appeared before the Ontario Superior Court of Just and Ontario Court of Justice.
Prior to law school, George was a City Councillor and Regional District Director in Nanaimo, British Columbia. In 2016, he was presented with the BC Community Achievement Award by the Lieutenant Governor of BC for his extensive and longstanding volunteer work aimed at making BC a better place.
- Summit Leasing Corporation v ICBC, 2021 BCPC
- Frankson v Neely, 2020 BCSC 786
- 17-009034 v Aviva Insurance Company of Canada, 2019 (ON LAT)
- « The enforceability of class action waivers: Are they fair game or unconscionable and contrary to public policy? », Miller Thomson Lloyd’s Brief: Canadian Legal Perspectives Newsletter, October 2021
- Panelist, Canadian Defence Lawyers, Discussion on Concussion – Rowan’s Law, October 24, 2018
- Governor, Vancouver Island University Board of Governors, 2021 – Present
- President, Literacy Central Vancouver Island, 2020 – Present
- Director, Nanaimo Art Gallery, 2018 – 2021
- Member, Ontario Just Education Network, 2016 – 2019
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Defence Lawyers
- Law Society of British Columbia
Formation et admission au barreau
- British Columbia Bar, 2019
- Ontario Bar, 2019
- Juris Doctor, Osgoode Hall Law School, 2018
- University of St. Gallen, 2017
- Bachelor of Arts, Vancouver Island University, 2015
- Criminology Diploma, Vancouver Island University, 2013