( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Eric is an experienced insurance coverage lawyer. He provides comprehensive advice on every type of insurance with a particular focus on cyber coverage. He has written cyber policy language and possesses broad knowledge of the Canadian cyber marketplace. He regularly represents insurers on some of Canada’s largest cyber claims.
Eric is also a privacy and cybersecurity lawyer. He is a certified Canadian information privacy professional (CIPP/C) and breach coach. He helps clients navigate Canada’s federal and provincial privacy law framework, offering guidance on threat neutralization, data classification, breach reporting, and regulatory compliance. Eric’s dual focus on privacy law and insurance coverage law allows him to provide unique insight to insurers and insureds when responding to a cyber incident.
Eric is also a seasoned litigator. He has taken multiple high-stakes cases to trial, including class actions. He has achieved successful outcomes for clients in the context of catastrophic personal injury, privacy breach, environmental contamination, property damage, product liability, professional negligence and breach of fiduciary duty. He has significant experience with every aspect of the litigation process, and he has achieved positive outcomes in dozens of mediations.
Eric previously worked with a boutique insurance firm in the United States, where he served as coverage counsel and lead trial counsel responsible for setting defense strategy for a wide variety of high-stakes cases.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- Certified Information Privacy Professional, Canada (CIPP/C), International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Judicial Law Clerk, Honorable Frederick H. Weisberg, Superior Court, District of Columbia, 2010 – 2011
- Judicial Law Clerk, Honorable James E. Boasberg, Superior Court, District of Columbia, 2009 – 2010
- President, Board of Directors, The NOLA Project, New Orleans, LA, 2013 – 2018
- Board of Directors, Alliance for Affordable Energy, New Orleans, LA, 2013 – 2015
- Board of Directors, Bridges Public Charter School, Washington, D.C., 2010 – 2011
- New York State Bar Association
- Washington, D.C. Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 2019
- Louisiana Bar (inactive), 2012
- Washington D.C. Bar (inactive), 2010
- New York Bar (inactive), 2009
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2008
- B.F.A. (Acting), Syracuse University, 2002
- Fellow, Loyola University Institute of Politics, 2014