( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Elyse Calvi is a first year associate in our litigation department seeking to focus her practice in construction litigation and dispute resolution. Throughout her articles Elyse gained exposure to various litigation practice areas and developed a client orientated approach to her legal services. She is dedicated to both client satisfaction and an efficient legal process in which clients are kept up to date at all stages of their legal matter.
Prior to attending Law School, Elyse served as a math and english tutor to developmentally challenged adults and worked as a health and safety representative for a construction company in Vaughan where she advocated on behalf of employees with respect to working conditions and safety concerns. During law school, Elyse worked at the Queen’s University Family Law Clinic where she assisted self represented litigants in family court proceedings. She was also a member of the Queen’s University chapter of Canadian Lawyer’s Abroad, where she was the first Queen’s Law student to be published in the Canadian Lawyer’s Abroad Journal.
During Law School, Elyse worked at the Queen’s University Family Law Clinic, where she assisted self represented litigants with matters including, but not limited to, custody and access, child support and divorce. She also remains an active member at th Gagliato Club, a small cultural organization dedicated to her grandparents home town in Calabria, Italy.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- Recipient of St. Michael’s College’s Silver Medal Award for academic excellence, University of Toronto
- “George (Pappa) Fiorello” in Julie Seeman, Teresa Panezutti & Concord West Seniors Club, eds, A Note of Hope (Vaughan: Dolce Book Publishing, 2014) 113
- “Displaced by Isis: Iraqi Christians in Jordan,” online: (2015) Canadian Lawyers Abroad Journal, 29
- “Forever Missing You” Youth Bocce 20 (2013 – 2014) 184
- Volunteer and Event Coordinator, Gagliato Club, Woodbridge ON, 2011 – 2013
A cultural non-for profit that organizes charitable events on behalf of my grandparents’ hometown in Southern Italy
• Led planning and development of fundraisers, including a large-scale charity golf tournament;
• Regularly prepared and delivered speeches at various events.
- Literacy and Math Tutor, Mary Centre, Toronto, ON, 2011 – 2012
A non-for-profit agency that assists developmentally challenged adults
• Assisted with basic reading, writing and mathematical problems;
• Created lesson plans using innovative techniques to keep my student’s interest and attention;
• Advocated for my student when he faced harassment in his home.
- Research Student with Professor Nelson Wiseman, University of Toronto, Toronto ON, 2011 – 2012
Professor Nelson Wiseman is a political science professor at the University of Toronto
• Assisted with data collection and extensive research for democracy patterns over specific years and across particular demographics
- The Advocates’ Society
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 2018
- J.D., Queen’s University Faculty of Law, 2017
- Honors Bachelor of Arts, Major in Political Science with Double Minor in Anthropology and World Religions – With High Distinction – University of Toronto, St Michael’s College, 2013