( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Elliot Saccucci is an associate in the Toronto office of Miller Thomson’s Labour and Employment Group. He practices labour and employment law, administrative law and sports law. Elliot routinely acts on behalf of clients litigating issues of discipline and discharge, restrictive covenants, picketing injunctions, human rights and wrongful dismissal. He also has experience in Judicial Review and administrative law. Elliot routinely advises clients on collective bargaining, executive compensation, litigation avoidance, privacy issues and employment standards issues.
Elliot also represents clients in professional and amateur athletic issues, including salary negotiation, endorsement advice and negotiation, as well as carding, team selection, disciplinary and doping violations. Elliot represents clients in mediations and before a variety of courts and tribunals, including boards of arbitration, the Sports Dispute Resolution Centre of Canada, the Disciplinary Panel of the Law Society of Ontario, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Divisional Court and the Federal Court of Appeal.
Prior to joining Miller Thomson, Elliot practiced at a boutique litigation firm specializing in media and defamation, employment, aviation, and sports law.
Elliot attended Wilfrid Laurier for his undergraduate studies, where he earned an Honours Bachelor of Business Administration in 2008. He obtained his law degree (Magna Cum Laude) from Osgoode Hall Law School in 2012.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- McMillan LLP Scholarship (academic excellence), Osgoode Hall Law School
- Dean’s Letter for graduating with top 6% class standing, Osgoode Hall Law School
- Dean’s List, Lazaridis School of Business, Wilfrid Laurier University
- Adjunct Faculty, Lawyer as Negotiator, Osgoode Hall Law School
- Certification, Regional Attorney, Professional Lacrosse Players Association
- Judge, Hockey Arbitration Competition of Canada, University of Toronto
- Founding Co-Chair, You Can Play Young Professionals Network
- Zaidi v. Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council – A-87-17 (Fed. Ct. App.)
- Dr. Chris Bart et al. v. McMaster University et al. – 2016 ONSC 5747 (Div. Ct.)
- Dr. Gabor Lukacs v. Delta Airlines – 2016 FCA 220
- Unlu v. Air Canada, 2015 BCSC 1453
- Smirnova v. Skate Canada, Sports Dispute Resolution Centre of Canada, No. SDRCC 15-0252 (April 22, 2015, P. Brunet)
- Smirnova v. Skate Canada, Sports Dispute Resolution Centre of Canada, No. SDRCC 12-0252 (May 1, 2015, C. Qualtrough)
- Lehmann v. TTCAN, Sports Dispute Resolution Centre of Canada, No. SDRCC 18-0355 (April 18, 2018, P. Brunet)
- Speaker, « Update on Notice Periods 2017 – 2018: The Six-Minute Employment Lawyer 2018 », Law Society of Ontario, June 21, 2018
- Co-presenter, “Money Talks: Let’s Discuss Pensions and Executive Compensation”, Miller Thomson’s 2017 Labour Relations & Employment Law Conference, April 6, 2017
- Changing Workplaces Review: Special Advisors’ Interim Report, Labour and Employment Communiqué, August 2, 2016
- Quoted in: “Brett Hickey’s Early Failures in NLL Led to 50-Goal Season with Toronto Rock”. Curtis Rush. Toronto Star. January 6, 2016.
- Nash 78 – Canadian University Press – Presenter, Human Resources Law. (2016)
- Quoted in: “Jonathan Bernier Last Piece of Summer Puzzle for Leafs”. Kevin McGran. Toronto Star. July 28, 2015.
- Quoted in: “Maple Leafs Low Ball Jonathan Bernier”. Kevin McGran. Toronto Star. July 29, 2015.
- “Revisiting the NHL Collective Bargaining Agreement: Undermining the Spirit of the Cap, Implications to the Agent & Prospective Remedies for the League’s Consideration”. Sports Lawyers Journal, Vol. 19, Number 145. (June 2012).
- The Advocates’ Society
- Professional Lacrosse Players’ Association
- Sports Lawyers Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 2013
- J.D. (Magna Cum Laude), Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, 2012
- Lazaridis School of Business, BBA (Honours), Wilfrid Laurier University, 2008