( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Elizabeth Ackman practises commercial litigation with an emphasis on contract disputes, real estate, fuel oil contamination, and financial recovery enforcement. She also has expertise in insolvency and restructuring. She has appeared before the Ontario Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada.
Elizabeth acts for a variety of corporate entities on commercial litigation matters and also provides counsel to the boards of various professions.
Elizabeth is committed to providing assertive representation for her clients. She takes a problem-solving approach to resolving her clients’ concerns in a pragmatic and results-oriented manner.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- Ontario Bar Admission Course: Law Society Prize, 1988
- William Belmont Common Q.C. Prize, 1988
- Dalhousie Law School Admiralty Law Prize and Fisheries Law Prize, 1984 – 1985
- Dalhousie Law School Class of 1985 Prize, 1983 – 1984
- Southcott Estate Inc. v. Toronto Catholic District School Board,  O.J. No. 1772 (appeal by the school board from judgment in favour of Southcott in its action to recover damages for the board’s breach of a real estate contract)
- Innovative Marketing Inc. v. D’Souza, 2008 CarswellOnt 4618 (motion for an order varying an earlier order to permit access to assets frozen by a Mareva Order to pay both past and ongoing defence costs in respect of the action)
- Law Society of Upper Canada v. Toronto Dominion Bank, 1998 CarswellOnt 4757 (appeal by bank from judgment declaring that lowest intermediate balance rule was not applicable to distribute funds in mixed trust account of lawyer found to be guilty of misappropriation of funds)
- « The Perils of Joint and Several Liability, » Taxes & Wealth Management, Issue 7-1, February 2014.
- Unsigned Naming Agreement Held Binding, Charities and Not-for-Profit Newsletter, July 2004
- Law Society of Ontario
- The Advocates’ Society
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 1988
- Alberta Bar (inactive), 1986
- LL.B., Dalhousie University, 1985
- B.A., Dalhousie University, 1982