( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Danielle Bush has a commercial law practice with a focus in the areas of regulatory, technology, intellectual property, and gaming. Danielle has decades of experience advising industries regulated by the federal Food and Drugs Act.
Danielle advises the manufacturers and distributors of over-the-counter pharmaceutical products, medical devices, foods, and alcoholic beverages. She routinely advises on regulatory issues affecting the testing, categorization, approval, compliance, advertising, and correction, withdrawal, or recall of these products in Canada. Danielle advises on the classification of products (medical devices, natural health products as opposed to foods, alcoholic beverages, etc.); product and company websites; claims for therapeutic food products; agreements relating to production, distribution, and marketing; and advertising complaints and disputes. She also routinely reviews product labelling and advertising materials for compliance with applicable regulations.
Danielle also has a significant amount of experience advising both domestic and foreign gaming companies and regulators. While her area of particular expertise is online gaming, she also acts on a regular basis for a wide variety of companies and government organizations involved directly or indirectly in the land-based gaming industry.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- The Best Lawyers in Canada – Intellectual Property Law; Gaming Law 2015 – 2020
- Chambers Canada, Gaming & Licensing, 2018 – 2020
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Intellectual Property, 2016
- Moderator, “Sportsbetting: Recent Developments and Challenges in Canada and Elsewhere,” Canadian Gaming Summit, Vancouver, June 23, 2014
- Panellist, “Changes to Not-for-Profit Incorporation,” Canadian Gaming Summit, Vancouver, June 25, 2014
- Moderator, “The Horse-Racing Industry,” Canadian Gaming Summit, Vancouver, June 25, 2014
- Co-author, Changes to Canada’s AML law target online casinos, World Online Gambling Law Report, Volume 13 Issue 06, June, 2014
- Corporate Secretary, Canadian Gaming Association, 2018 – 2019
- Canadian Gaming Association
- International Association of Gaming Regulators
- American Bar Association’s Section of Business Law (Gaming Law Committee)
- American Bar Association’s Intellectual Property Law Section and Regulatory Section
- American Bar Association’s Regulatory Section
- International Trade-mark Association
- Canadian Bar Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 1990