( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Danielle Bouchard maintains a general civil and commercial litigation practice, with a particular interest in contractual disputes, construction disputes and insurance disputes. Danielle has experience drafting pleadings, legal opinions, court applications and written submissions for a variety of forums and jurisdictions, including Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
Danielle obtained her J.D. from the University of Alberta in 2018, graduating with distinction. During her time at the Faculty of Law, Danielle was a Legal Research and Writing Fellow, received the Darcy Readman Prize in Person Property Security Law, the Catherine Miller Community Service Award, and volunteered with a number of organizations, including Student Legal Services, Pro Bono Student Services, and the Elizabeth Fry Society. Danielle also served as Committee Member on the University of Alberta Campus Law Review Committee in 2017-2018, and competed in the Clinton J. Ford Moot.
Prior to attending law school, Danielle obtained her Bachelor of Arts with distinction from the University of Alberta. Danielle majored in Political Science and also obtained certificates in Peace and Post Conflict Resolution and Globalization and Governance. During her undergraduate degree, Danielle represented the University of Alberta at the National Model United Nations Conference in New York, N.Y., attended the Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars and completed an internship with a non-profit organization located in Washington, D.C.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- Darcy Readman Prize in Person Property Security Law, 2018
- Catherine Miller Community Service Award, 2017
- Author, “A New Role For ‘Wearables’,” Miller Thomson Personal Injury Blog, September 22, 2016
- Volunteer, Civil Claims Duty Counsel, 2018 – Present
- Volunteer, Amicus Program, 2018 – Present
- Volunteer, Pro Bono Student Services, 2016-2017
- Volunteer, Student Legal Services, 2015-2017
- Volunteer, Elizabeth Fry Society, 2013-2017
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- Alberta Bar, 2019
- British Columbia Bar, 2021
- Juris Doctor with Distinction, 2018
- Bachelor of Arts with Distinction, 2015
- Certificate in Peace and Post Conflict Resolution, 2015
- Certificate in Globalization and Governance, 2015