( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Born and raised in Edmonton, Dan Stachnik has been practicing law for over 38 years and has been with Miller Thomson throughout his legal career. He practices civil litigation in commercial, construction, occupational health and safety, and employer-employee matters, including human rights. His work in general civil and commercial litigation includes shareholder disputes and wrongful dismissal actions. Dan is retained to assist in all aspects of the investigation and defence of occupational health and safety matters and has been involved in over 100 OHS cases. He has appeared at all levels of court and the Human Rights Commission.
Dan is legal counsel to the Alberta Wall and Ceiling Bureau and acts for a number of companies in the construction, manufacturing, and oil and gas industries. He completed an arbitration course through the Arbitration and Mediation Program at the University of Alberta.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Occupational Health & Safety, 2018
- The Best Lawyers in Canada – Corporate and Commercial Litigation, 2014-2019
- Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers in Canada – Corporate and Commercial Litigation, 2018
- Appointed Queen’s Counsel, 2000
- Presenter at CACE conferences and at the Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Civil, Construction, and Employment Law Sections
- Member of the Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers (CACE)
Formation et admission au barreau
- Alberta Bar, 1978
- LL.B., University of Alberta, 1977
- B.A. (Political Science, with distinction), University of Alberta, 1973