( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Chris Newbert maintains a broad practice advising clients on a range of commercial real estate matters, including commercial leasing, acquisition financing, and acquisition and disposition of real property assets. He works closely with clients and other team members to ensure that matters are handled effectively and efficiently.
Prior to joining Miller Thomson as an Associate, Chris summered and articled at the firm. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of Western Ontario in 2015, and also holds a Bachelor of Science in accounting and finance from the London School of Economics and Political Science where he graduated with first class honours in 2008.
While at Western, Chris was an active member of the law school community. He volunteered for two years at the Elgin-Oxford Legal Clinic, an organization dedicated to providing legal services to low-income residents of Elgin and Oxford counties. Chris also volunteered with Pro Bono Students Canada, where he assisted in reviewing, revising, and redrafting the employment policies of a London-based non-profit organization.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- Dean’s Honor List (3L)
- Law Society of Upper Canada Prize
- Paul Bradley Award in Real Estate
- UWO Law Alumni Association Presidents’ Award
- Elgin-Oxford Legal Clinic, Student Volunteer
- Pro Bono Students Canada, Student Volunteer
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 2016
- J.D., University of Western Ontario, 2015
- B.Sc. (accounting & finance, first class honours), London School of Economics and Political Science, 2008