( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Chantelle Rajotte practices commercial litigation, class actions, environmental law, and constitutional law. Her recent experience includes acting for clients in shareholder disputes, breach of fiduciary duty claims, competition law class actions, and contaminated sites litigation. She has successfully acted for clients in mediations and commercial arbitration.
Chantelle has appeared at all levels of court in British Columbia and before the Supreme Court of Canada.
Prior to completing her articles with Miller Thomson, Chantelle clerked for the British Columbia Court of Appeal.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Litigation – Corporate Commercial, 2018
- Representing the Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia before the Supreme Court of Canada in the successful constitutional challenge to hearing fees in British Columbia [Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia v. British Columbia (Attorney General), 2014 SCC 59].
- Obtaining dismissal of all claims against our client by way of summary trial prior to certification of a products liability class action [Player v. Janssen-Ortho Inc., 2014 BCSC 1122].
- “Case Comment—Upper Nicola Indian Band v. British Columbia (Environment), 2011 BCSC 388,” Aboriginal Law Update, June 2011
- “Case Comment—Rio Tinto Alcan Inc. v. Carrier Sekani Tribal Council,” Aboriginal Law Update, November 2010
- “West Moberly First Nations v. British Columbia (Chief Inspector of Mines), 2010 BCSC 359: Delegation to Departmental Officials Failed to Satisfy the Honour of the Crown,” EnviroNotes!, September 2010
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Canadian Bar Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- British Columbia Bar, 2010
- LL.B., Dalhousie University, 2008
- B.Sc. (with distinction), University of Victoria, 2003