( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Catherine Phelps is building a broad civil litigation practice with a focus on commercial and employment litigation. She continues to expand on her litigation experience with involvement in small claims proceedings, motions, injunctions, examinations for discovery, arbitrations, mediations, and trials.
Catherine summered and articled with Miller Thomson and joined the firm as an associate after being called to the bar in 2020.
Catherine attended law school at Western University, where she graduated with distinction and was awarded the Law Society of Upper Canada Prize for academic achievement. In her third year of law school, Catherine spent a semester studying abroad at the University of Copenhagen in Denmark.
Catherine was actively involved in the law school community, serving as a Managing Editor of The Western Journal of Legal Studies and as a volunteer at Community Legal Services. She worked as a research assistant on various projects and publications related to sports law, personal property security law, and bankruptcy and insolvency law. During her time at Western, Catherine also worked as an organist and pianist at the Huron College chapel.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- Law Society of Ontario Prize, 2019
- Dean’s Honour List, 2017 – 2019
- Co-author, « Labour Board rules that Foodora couriers can unionize« , Labour & Employment Communiqué, March 2, 2020
- Co-author, « Labour Relations OLRB Sheds Light on Central and Local Bargaining« , Labour & Employment Communiqué, December 5, 2019
- Ryerson University Pro Bono Legal Clinic
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 2020
- J.D., Western University, 2019
- B.A. (Hons.), Huron University College (Western University), 2016