( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Bryan Hosking is a member of Miller Thomson’s Commercial Litigation Group, as well as the firm’s Restructuring & Insolvency Group.
Bryan has broad experience in security enforcement, secured and unsecured debt collection, and commercial and residential foreclosures. Bryan also has experience in acting for Receivers and Trustees in various insolvency proceedings.
In addition to Bryan’s Restructuring & Insolvency practice, he also maintains a strong commercial litigation practice, and has experience in several areas of litigation, including corporate and commercial disputes, shareholder disputes, employment matters, and personal injury claims. Bryan has appeared before the Provincial Court of Alberta, the Court of Queen's Bench, and the Alberta Human Rights Commission. Bryan has also served as a Bylaw Prosecutor for a neighboring Edmonton municipality. Bryan strongly believes in giving back to the community and actively volunteers with the Court Assistance Program (Queen’s Bench Amicus Program) as well as Civil Claims Duty Counsel.
In his spare time, Bryan enjoys golfing, exploring new cuisines, and spending time with his daughter.
Prior to joining the firm in 2014 as a Summer Student, and then completing his articles with Miller Thomson, Bryan obtained his Bachelor of Arts and Juris Doctor from the University of Alberta.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- Zarina Visnani Award for Excellence in Islamic Studies (2011)
- Co-contributor to a paper with Rick T.G. Reeson, Q.C. for the Legal Education Society of Alberta entitled “Making the Right Decision on Enforcement Options Under the Personal Property Security Act”
- Civil Claims Duty Counsel
- Court of Queen’s Bench Amicus Program
- Student Legal Services Civil and Family Division, 2013-2014
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- Alberta Bar, 2017
- J.D., University of Alberta, 2016
- Bachelor of Arts with Distinction, University of Alberta, 2012