( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Brian Kaliel is a civil litigation lawyer with over 40 years of experience. His practice includes administrative law, agricultural law, foreclosure and receivership law, corporate and commercial litigation, real estate law, and wills and estates litigation.
Brian’s solicitor practice includes incorporating and capitalizing cooperatives, including “new generation” cooperatives and housing cooperatives, and drafting financing and other documents related to agricultural matters.
Brian has been the editor of the biweekly Agricultural Law NetLetter published by LexisNexis since 2009. He has also written articles and presented seminars on subjects related to agriculture, food production, and the law.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- The Best Lawyers in Canada – Corporate and Commercial Litigation, 2019
- Appointed Queen’s Counsel, 2006
- Agricultural Law Netletter, LexisNexis, Issues 189 – 384
- A Guide for Directors and Members:Termination of Membership and Occupancy Rights in Alberta Housing Cooperatives, 2010
- A Basic Outline: New Generation Co-ops; Alberta’s Newest Option for Agricultural Business, 2009
- Member, Canadian Association of Farm Advisors
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- Alberta Bar, 1974
- LL.B., University of Alberta, 1973
- B.A., University of Alberta, 1972