( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Ben Peel maintains a broad civil litigation practice. He has experience with injunction proceedings, examinations for discovery, settlement conferences, motions, mediations, arbitrations, tribunals, and trials.
Ben joined Miller Thomson as a summer student in 2016. After completing his articles, he joined Miller Thomson as an associate in 2018.
Before joining the firm, Ben worked as a Research Assistant and as a Senior Caseworker at the Business Law Clinic at the University of Ottawa. Prior to attending law school, he worked at an international auditing firm, and before that, at a boutique market research firm.
Passionate about workplace diversity and inclusion, Ben was a founding member of the Ottawa chapter of Start Proud. The organization is dedicated to creating opportunities for LGBT students and young professionals across Canada.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- University of Ottawa, William J. Miller Prize in Competition Law
- Second place winner (factums), Wilson Moot
- Semi-finalist, Nelligan O’Brien Payne Moot
- Second place winner, Denton’s Ottawa Negotiation Competition.
- Participant, Hicks Morley Labour Law Moot
- Co-Author, « The New Construction Act: Five Things You Need to Know by July 1, 2018« , Miller Thomson LLP’s Construction Litigation communiqué, May 14, 2018
- Executive Member, Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity Community, Ontario Bar Association and Canadian Bar Association
- Ryerson University Pro Bono Clinic
- Start Proud (formerly Out of Bay Street)
- Law Society of Ontario
- Ontario Bar Association
- The Advocates’ Society
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 2018
- Juris Doctor (J.D.), University of Ottawa, 2017
- Honours B.A. Political Science, University of Toronto, 2012