( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Asim's practice focuses on insolvency and restructuring law, guiding a client through informal workouts, formal restructuring proceedings and special situations with a creative and practical approach to problem solving. Asim has substantial experience representing a broad range of stakeholders in informal workouts and formal proceedings under the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act and Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act, including financial institutions, secured creditors, purchasers, court officers, directors, bondholders, landlords, suppliers and unsecured creditors. Asim has developed expertise representing stakeholders and court officers in troubled construction projects and cross-border insolvency matters.
Prior to joining Miller Thomson, Asim practiced as an associate at a premier insolvency and restructuring boutique in Toronto, acting in a lead role representing clients on significant mandates in high profile and complex restructuring proceedings both in Canada and in cross-border matters. Asim applies his depth of knowledge, experience and contacts to cost-effectively solve clients’ problems.
In addition, Asim’s entrepreneurial and business experience as a Co-Founder of a Canadian technology company specializing in software solutions for the Canadian legal industry gives him an appreciation for the challenges faced by entrepreneurs.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- Co-Chair of the Turnaround Management Association (Toronto Chapter) NextGen Committee
- Member (Class VII) of the International Insolvency Institute NextGen Leadership Program
- Panelist, Diverse Perspectives on the Turnaround Profession, TMA (Toronto Chapter) Speaking Series, November 13, 2018
- « Amendments to the Construction Lien Act Trust Provisions – Will They Accomplish Their Goal? », Commercial Insolvency Reporter, Volume 30, Number 6, August 2018
- « So You Think You’re Insured? Think Again, Receivers: The Vacancy Exclusion in Insurance Contracts », Rebuilding Success, Volume 16, Issue 2, September 9, 2016
- Founder and Director, Blue Cloud Apps Inc.
- Turnaround Management Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- South Asian Bar Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 2012
- J.D., University of Toronto, Faculty of Law, 2011
- Bach. Business Administration (Hons.), University of Guelph-Humber, 2007