( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Ana has a broad insurance litigation practice encompassing property and casualty claims, including motor vehicle, personal injury, and construction claims as well as professional liability, including architects, engineers, appraisers and medical paraprofessionals. Ana also acts for the Roman Catholic and Protestant churches.
Ana has appeared before masters, judges, and arbitrators, and has appeared before the Superior Court of Justice, Financial Services Commission of Ontario, and the Landlord and Tenant Board.
Ana summered and articled with Miller Thomson and joined the firm as an Associate following her call to the Ontario Bar in June 2012.
Before returning to law school in 2008, Ana worked as a legal assistant for 20 years gaining experience in civil litigation, insurance and corporate finance. During this time, she also obtained her law clerk diploma from the Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario in real estate and litigation.
While at the University of Ottawa, Ana was actively involved with all aspects of student life: she was a caseworker at Ottawa U’s Legal Clinic, assisted with the Sopinka Cup Moot Competition, mentored first-year students and participated in LEAF’s « No Means No » presentations to high-school students.
She was also a founding member of the Portuguese Canadian Law Students’ Association as well as an executive member of the Mature Students in Law Society.
- « Alberta Case Has Important Lessons for Ontario Architects« , The Straight Line Newsletter, Issue 4, September 2017
- Co-Editor, Lloyd’s Brief: Canadian Legal Perspectives, Miller Thomson Newsletter, 2014 – present
- It’s Not Too Late! The New Taxes and What You Can Do, Taxes & Wealth Management, Issue 9-3, October 2016
- The Whole File and Nothing But the File: A Precautionary Tale regarding Disclosure and Production of an Insurer’s Underwriting, and Claims and Investigation Files in the Context of Coverage and Bad Faith Claims, Lloyd’s Brief: Canadian Legal Perspectives, September 2015
- Counsel-Expert Communications: Everything Old is New Again, Lloyd’s Brief: Canadian Legal Perspectives, May 2015
- Counsel-Expert Communications: The Debate Rages On, Lloyd’s Brief: Canadian Legal Perspectives, December 2014
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario
- Portuguese Canadian Lawyers’ Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 2012
- J.D., University of Ottawa, 2011