Amanda Stacey is a partner on our private client and social impact teams.
Amanda provides advice in the areas of wealth management, estate planning, charity, and not-for-profit law. She advises clients on wills, trusts, powers of attorney, family business succession planning, and corporate re-organizations. Amanda also advises on the establishment, tax compliance, governance, and regulation of charities and not-for-profit organizations. She also assists financial institutions with issues pertaining to administering estate assets, registered and non-registered accounts, power of attorney, and capacity matters.
Amanda was previously the chair of the Canadian Association of Gift Planners. She is a frequent writer and speaker on a variety of estate planning, charity, and not-for-profit topics, including articles and presentations for the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners, the Canadian Tax Foundation, the Ontario Bar Association, the Law Society of Ontario, and the Estates, Trusts and Pensions Journal.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Charities/Not-For-Profit Law; Estate & Personal Tax Planning, 2020-2022
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Charities/Non-profits, 2022
- Chambers High Net Worth Guide, Private Wealth Law – Canada, 2021
- Rundle Gold Medal, Victoria College (University of Toronto), awarded to the graduating student with highest standing among candidates for the bachelor of commerce degree
- Osgoode Society for Canadian Legal History Prize, awarded for placing in the top 25 overall in the bar admission exams
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Association of Gift Planners
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC)
Formation et admission au barreau
- British Columbia Bar, 2021
- Ontario Bar, 2005
- J.D., University of Toronto, 2004
- B.Com., University of Toronto, 2001