( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Amanda is building a broad commercial litigation practice that seeks to advance individual client needs. She is particularly interested in privacy and cybersecurity and is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/C).
Amanda advises clients on a broad range of litigation matters, and as part of Miller Thomson’s national Cybersecurity and Privacy team, she assists clients on privacy issues, data breach/cyber incident response, and implementation of privacy programs.
Amanda joined Miller Thomson as a summer student in 2020 and completed her articles in 2022.
During law school, Amanda took on opportunities to grow as an advocate through participating in both the Trial Advocacy Program and the Winkler Class Actions Moot. She enjoys legal research and writing, serving as a Bench Clerk for the Grand Moot and an editor for the Journal of Law and Equality and the U of T Faculty of Law Review. Amanda has also worked with Citizen Lab on publications relating to privacy law amid the pandemic.
Amanda remains passionate about mentorship. As a law student, she was part of the Peer Mentorship Program and served as the Equity Officer where she sought to ensure student programming and policies were accessible to the diverse student body.
Réalisations professionnelles et leadership
- Research Fellow, Citizen Lab, 2021 & 2022
- Bench Clerk, Grand Moot, 2020-2021
- Senior Editor, Journal of Law and Equality, 2020-2021
- Events Director, Peer Mentorship Program, 2019-2020
- Equity Officer, University of Toronto Faculty of Law, 2019-2020
- Associate Editor, University of Toronto Faculty of Law Review, 2018-2019
- Author, “Minding Your Business: A Critical Analysis of the Collection of De-identified Mobility Data and Its Use Under Socially Beneficial and Legitimate Business Exemptions in Canadian Privacy Law,” Citizen Lab Research Report No. 161, University of Toronto, September 2021
- Author, “Pandemic Privacy: A preliminary analysis of collection technologies, data collection laws, and legislative reform during COVID-19,” Citizen Lab Research Report No. 144, University of Toronto, September 2021
- Justice Education Fellow, Ontario Justice Education Network, 2019-2020
- Mentor, Peer Mentorship Program, 2019-2021
- Immigration Law Student, Pro Bono Students Canada, 2018-2019
- SOGI Country Conditions Working Group, International Human Rights Program, 2018-2019
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Group of Racialized Ontario Women Litigators
- South Asian Bar Association
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 2022
- IAPP Certified Information Privacy Professional, Canada (CIPP/C), 2023
- J.D., University of Toronto Faculty of Law, 2021
- B.A. (Hons.), University of Toronto (Trinity College), 2018