( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Alexander has an aptitude for structuring creative solutions that accomplish the best results for his clients. His experience in various areas of litigation has also given him the ability to successfully navigate the multifaceted and complex nature of estate litigation files.
Alexander has particular expertise in matters relating to estates, trusts, and fiduciary and capacity-related proceedings. He has successfully represented individuals, institutions, and charitable organizations in this area, including in will challenges, will interpretations, dependant support applications, passing-of-account applications, and proceedings involving breach of fiduciary duty. He also regularly advises financial institutions and trust companies in relation to estates, powers of attorney, capacity issues and the administration of estates during litigation.
- « Spousal Claims Against Estates: The Utility and Impact of Domestic Contracts », Money & Family Law, Issue 35-10, October 2020
- « Interim Support and Funding Orders: Post-Mortem Claims Made by the ‘Modern Day’ Spouse », Key Developments in Estates and Trusts Law in Ontario, 2017-2018 Edition.
- « Social Media Discovery and Civil Litigation in Canada », The Advocates’ Quarterly, Vol. 50, 2019.
- « When the Courts ‘Swipe left’ on a Claim for Dependant Relief: Stajduhar v. Wolfe », Money & Family Law, Issue 33-2, 2018.
- « Love and Marriage (…and death): When Family Law and Estate Litigation Collide », Money & Family Law, Issue 33-1, 2018.
- « The Princess (and her) Bride: Predatory Marriages in Paradise », Money & Family Law, Issue 32-12, 2017.
- Section Executive Member, Ontario Bar Association – Elder Law, 2019-2020
- Advocating directly for older adults by engaging in consultation, legislative change, submissions, recommendations, public speaking, and professional development
- Professional Advisory Group Member, Baycrest Hospital Foundation, 2017-2020
- Organizing initiatives to support the Baycrest Foundation and to provide resources to educate financial, legal and accounting professionals for the purpose of offering advice to their clients
- Young Lawyers Committee Member, Toronto Lawyers Association, 2018-2019
- Organized initiatives for young lawyers to enhance their understanding of litigation principles and practices, and to network with other litigation counsel at similar stages in their careers
- Law Society of British Columbia
Formation et admission au barreau
- British Columbia Bar, 2020
- Ontario Bar, 2017
- STEP Canada Diploma Program Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP) Designation Program
- J.D., University of Windsor Law, 2016
- B.A. (with High Distinction), Simon Fraser University, 2012