( Disponible en anglais seulement )
Adam brings highly specialized knowledge and unique practical problem solving skills to client files. His career as a law professor entails many years of award-winning university lecturing and peer-reviewed publications supplemented throughout with an advisory practice. Private clients and charities benefit from his extensive knowledge of the ancient common law doctrines that make frequent appearances in the areas of law (trust, property, charity and tax) they encounter. He has been an expert witness for the Senate of Canada on various charity law matters.
Adam Parachin has published extensively in the areas of charities, trusts, property and taxation law. He has received many teaching awards throughout his academic career. A thought leader in his area of specialization, he has presented papers at professional and academic conferences throughout the world. The Canadian Tax Foundation awarded him the prestigious Sherbaniuk Distinguished Writing Award.
- Tenured Law Professor, Osgoode Hall Law School, 2018-present
- Adjunct Research Professor, School of Public Policy and Administration, Carlton University
- Associate Professor, Faculty of Law, Western University, 2010-2018
- Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law, Western University, 2004-2010
- Adam is a Director of Pemsel Case Foundation, a charitable foundation dedicated to education and reform to the common law of charity
- Past member of the CRA’s Technical Issues Advisory Group
- Frequent contributor to law reform committees and writing projects
Formation et admission au barreau
- Ontario Bar, 2002
- LL.M, University of Toronto, 2004
- LL.B, Osgoode Hall Law School, 2000
- B.A. (High Distinction), University of Toronto, 1996