Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada’s fastest growing national business law firms, with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham, Vaughan and Montréal. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
We are seeking a Real Estate Paraprofessional, Intermediateto join our Calgary office. This position reports to the Manager, Paraprofessionals – Real Estate, Private Client Services and Administrative Law and is an opportunity to join a collaborative and dynamic team of paraprofessionals.
In order to be considered, the candidate must have a strong work ethic, exceptional communication and organizational skills, the ability to work independently and the willingness to contribute to the team. This individual has a professional attitude, is responsive, intelligent, assertive and resourceful with excellent client service skills.
In this role, you will be tasked to:
- Manage files from beginning to end of transaction including purchase, sale and financings of pre-owned single and multi-families homes.
- Manage all aspects of condominium projects including condominium formations, project sales, financing, due diligence and title matters.
- Manage individual purchases from onset to completion, including reporting and accounting matters.
- Other duties as are assigned
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Real Estate Paraprofessional (Paralegal) within a legal environment with a focus on commercial and residential real estate
- Completion of a Legal Assistant Certificate/Diploma or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of SPIN and strong ability in reading and interpreting title and property searches
- Experience in using Conveyancer, LLC and Assyst Real Estate
- Strong expertise in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to handle a large workload volume and multiple closings
- Ability to meet strict deadlines with excellent multi-tasking skills
- Experience in acquisition of land and municipal applications and agreements is a benefit
- Ability to communicate in a friendly and professional manner with lawyers and clients
- Ability to work independently and to follow instructions with minimal supervision
- Ability to take initiative and to contribute to the team
To apply, in confidence, please review all job opportunities on our website and submit your resume for consideration by selecting https://www.millerthomson.com/en/careers/paraprofessionals-paralegals/ which will direct you to the job posting of interest. You can also create a profile and sign up for job alerts so that you can stay informed regarding our new job opportunities.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.