Tina Kaye has extensive experience litigating contested matters on behalf of her clients. Tina has litigated at the Ontario Court of Justice, Superior Court of Justice and Court of Appeal for Ontario. Tina maintains a client oriented approach to her practice and is dedicated to client satisfaction.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Scholarship received, Associate Director of External Competitions - Moot Court Board of Advocates, 2010
- Recipient, Trial Practice Book Award, 2010
- Recipient, Alternative Dispute Resolution Book Award, 2009
- Recipient, Evidence Book Award, 2009
- Recipient, Advanced Advocacy Book Award, 2008
- Successfully defended several civil forfeiture applications for funds seized by the Attorney General of Canada.
- Successfully defended a negligence claim against a member of the College of Chiropractors of Ontario.
- Successfully defended a corporation regulated by the OLG and AGCO with charges stemming from tobacco use outside the premise.
- Successfully obtained a withdrawal of charges under the Occupational Health and Safety Act against a corporation whose responsibility was to inspect the structural integrity of a crane erected on a major construction site.
- Successfully defended and resolved a complex matter for a corporation charged under the Ontario Water Resources Act.
- Successfully defended a complex matter for a corporation charged under the Excise Tax Act and Retail Sales Act.
- Assisted students in trial advocacy and case preparation in the OBA/OJEN Competitive Mock Trials. The competitive mock trials is a partnership between the Ontario Bar Association and the Ontario Justice Education Network.
- Acted on a pro bono basis for the Association in Defense of the Wrongfully Convicted
- Member, Moot Court Board of Advocates
- Law Society of Ontario
- New York State Bar Association
- Toronto Lawyers Association
- York Region Law Association
- Membership Director, Macedonian Canadian Lawyers Association
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario, 2012
- New York, 2011
- J.D., University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, 2010
- B.A. (Honours), University of Waterloo, 2007
- Clerkship for the Honourable David J. Allen, 3rd Circuit Court of Wayne County