Nicole is passionate about assisting others plan for their future. She has experience working closely with clients to provide direction and sensitive advice, while helping to navigate and manage complex legal issues effectively. Nicole’s experience includes negotiating and drafting complex separation agreements, cohabitation agreements, wills and estate planning, and analyzing and interpreting testamentary documents including multiple wills, powers of attorney, and trust agreements. As a certified family mediator, Nicole takes a compassionate and empathetic approach to her practice, with a commitment to establishing an unassailable client relationship.
Nicole’s key focuses are:
Estate Administration: interpretation of wills, guidance regarding Estate Trustee duties, preparation of Applications for a Certificate of Appointment of Estate Trustee (probate)
Estate Planning: wills, powers of attorney, trusts, probate planning strategies
Prior to joining Miller Thomson, Nicole practiced trust and capacity litigation at a prominent Toronto boutique firm where she advocated on behalf of clients on a broad range of estate litigation matters, including will challenges, will and trust interpretation, contentious passings of accounts, appointment and removal of trustees and guardians, guardianship applications, and power of attorney disputes.
Nicole has authored various blog posts and has hosted podcasts on current issues related to trusts and estate law.
Nicole is currently pursuing her Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP) designation from STEP Canada.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Joseph Micallef Memorial Award in Family Law, University of Windsor, Faculty of Law, 2019
- During law school, Nicole volunteered at the Community Legal Aid office where she worked in the Family Law Practice portion of the clinic as a full-time case worker and student litigator
- Nicole sits on the Board of Directors for Rainbows for All Children Canada
- Nicole is an active volunteer with Precious Paws Rescue in Simcoe County
- Junior Trusts and Estates Practitioners (JTEP)
- Family Dispute Resolution Institute of Ontario (FDRIO)
- Young Women in Law
- Ontario Bar Association
- Toronto Lawyers Association
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario, 2020
- The Osgoode Intensive Program in Wills & Estates, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, 2022
- Certificate in Family Mediation, School of Continuing Studies, York University, 2020
- J.D., University of Windsor Faculty of Law, 2016-2019
- B.A. (Hons.), Specialization in Law and Society, Gender and Women’s Studies, York University, 2010-2015