Baljinder Bains is an associate lawyer in Miller Thomson’s Business Law Group. Baljinder’s practice focuses on corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, and securities law. He has experience working in a variety of areas, including private acquisitions, public offerings, private placements, and general corporate and commercial matters.
Baljinder’s wealth of experience, from his education to his professional involvement, brings immense value to his clients and uniquely positions him to achieve an outcome that suits his clients’ needs. He obtained a Bachelor of Business Administration with a concentration in accounting from Simon Fraser University (SFU). At SFU, he was a Teaching Assistant for numerous undergraduate business courses. During his time there, he also served as the Vice President of Finance and on the Board of Directors for a multi-million dollar not-for profit.
Baljinder obtained his Juris Doctor from Thompson Rivers University (TRU) where he continued to apply his passion for business. In law school, he co-founded and served as the President of the TRU Business Law Society, was an Editor on the Canadian Journal of Comparative and Contemporary Law, and was a Legal Research Assistant for a TRU Law professor.
Professional achievements & leadership
- TRU Dean’s Course Prize for achieving the highest grade in the Legislation, Administration & Policy course
- Student Representative, Thomson Reuters, 2021-2022
- Executive Advisor, TRU Business Law Society, 2021-2022
- Co-Founder and Co-President, TRU Business Law Society, 2019-2021
- Treasurer, TRU Society of Law Students, 2021
- Student Clinician, Law Students’ Legal Advice Program, 2020
- Project Member, TRU Access to Justice Law Club, 2020
- Member, TRU Law Oral Advocacy Club, 2020
- Volunteer, TRU Pro Bono Students Canada, 2019-2020
- Vice President of Finance, Simon Fraser Student Society, 2017-2018
- Canadian Bar Association
- South Asian Bar Association of British Columbia
- Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers British Columbia
Bar admissions & education
- British Columbia, 2023
- J.D., Thompson Rivers University, 2022
- Bachelor of Business Administration (with Distinction), Simon Fraser University, 2018