Quadriga CCAA Proceeding
Pursuant to the Order of the Honourable Mr. Justice Michael J. Wood of the Supreme Court of Nova Scotia issued February 5, 2019 (the “Initial Order”): (i) Quadriga Fintech Solutions Corp., Whiteside Capital Corporation and 0984750 B.C. Ltd. (dba QuadrigaCX and Quadriga Coin Exchange) (collectively, the “Applicants”) were granted protection under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act, R.S.C. 1985, c.C-36, as amended (the “CCAA”); and (ii) Ernst & Young Inc. was appointed as Monitor of the Applicants.
Further information regarding the Quadriga case is available on the Monitor’s website at https://documentcentre.eycan.com/Pages/Main.aspx?SID=1445.
Appointment as Representative Counsel
Pursuant to the order of the Supreme Court of Nova Scotia issued February 28, 2019 (the “Representative Counsel Appointment Order”), Miller Thomson LLP and Cox & Palmer (together, “Representative Counsel”), were appointed as representative counsel on behalf of users affected by the shutdown of the QuadrigaCX cryptocurrency exchange platform (collectively, the “Affected Users”).
Communications with Representative Counsel
Representative Counsel has established this webpage to facilitate communications with the Affected Users. The webpage will include information and documents relevant to Affected Users.
Questions regarding the proceeding should be directed to Representative Counsel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Representative Counsel has received from the Monitor a full list of Affected Users, including their contact information and QuadrigaCX customer IDs.
Pursuant to the Representative Counsel Appointment Order, Representative Counsel, in consultation with the Monitor, was directed to establish the Official Committee of Affected Users (the “Official Committee”), to provide input and direction to Representative Counsel.
By Order of the Supreme Court of Nova Scotia, dated March 19, 2019, the Official Committee has been appointed (the “Committee Appointment Order”). The Official Committee consists of seven (7) Affected Users (“Committee Members”) and two (2) Alternate Committee Members who are representative of the diverse interests comprising the Affected Users. The list of Committee Members can be found in the Committee Appointment Order.
- Communication from Representative Counsel – 21/2/2019
- Communication from Representative Counsel – 25/2/2019
- Communication from Representative Counsel – 26/2/2019
- Communication from Representative Counsel – 1/3/2019
- Communication from Representative Counsel – 6/3/2019
- Communication from Representative Counsel – 19/3/2019
- Communication from Representative Counsel – 20/3/2019
- Communication from Representative Counsel – 10/4/2019
- Communication from Representative Counsel – 16/4/2019
- Initial Order – 5/2/2019
- Representative Counsel Appointment Decision – 19/2/2019
- Letter to the Applicants Regarding the Representative Counsel’s Views on the Comeback Motion – 27/2/2019
- Representative Counsel Appointment Order – 28/2/2019
- Order Appointing the Official Committee of Affected Users – 19/3/2019
- Bankruptcy Assignment Order – 11/4/2019