Miller Thomson’s Privacy and Information Protection Group recognizes that many clients are seeking guidance in determining what their privacy obligations are and how to move their organization towards full compliance with relevant privacy legislation. With expertise across the country, our Group provides privacy advice and support that is based on a solid understanding of a client’s industry, their organization’s operations, the statutory and regulatory landscape, and the essential electronic and information technology components. We work with private companies and public sector organizations across a range of industries, including the health sector where our lawyers have developed particular expertise in relation to health information and eHealth initiatives.
Our services include the development of a comprehensive Privacy Implementation Framework, to move your organization from its current state to full compliance, including audits, reviews, recommendations, model agreements, standard contractual provisions, staff training and education, meetings, etc. This option will provide you with the fullest range of privacy services that your organization requires to implement best privacy practices and to meet all legislative and regulatory requirements.
We also provide:
- Development or review of your organization’s information practices, including privacy, confidentiality and security policies and procedures and agreements
- Assistance with Privacy Audits, Privacy Questionnaires and Privacy Risk Analysis tools and identifying gaps, issues and potential problems
- Development of draft privacy statements, notices, consent forms, confidentiality pledges, web statements and brochures
- Assistance with regulatory compliance with federal and provincial privacy legislation, guidelines and codes
- Assistance with managing privacy breaches, investigations, notifications, complaints and access requests
- Advice and assistance regarding the implications of the U.S. Patriot Act and risk management strategies
- Privacy advice to businesses seeking to do business in different Canadian jurisdictions or U.S. or international companies seeking to do business in Canada
- Development or review of your organization’s forms and procedures for information access, correction and complaints processes
- Development or review of contractual arrangements, including information-sharing agreements, provider agreements and technology agreements
- Specialized assistance with privacy issues such as those involving clinical trials, outsourcing arrangements and regional and provincial electronic health records, databases and networks
- On-site and in-house educational and training seminars for senior management, board of directors or staff