Miller Thomson’s Immigration Group provides advice and assistance to individual and business clients on all forms of temporary entry into, permanent residence and citizenship for Canada and the United States. We assist clients ranging from corporations seeking to do business in international markets or transferring personnel, to individuals seeking to invest in Canada or to reunite with family members. As members of legal bars in both Canada and the United States, we possess in-depth and comprehensive expertise in nearly every aspect of Canadian and US Immigration law. In particular, we are able to provide a single immigration law resource for corporate clients who do business in both Canada and the United States.
We work closely with our firm’s Business, Employment, Tax and other Specialty groups to provide comprehensive legal advice to companies and individuals as they navigate the regulatory requirements necessary for temporary or permanent establishment in Canada.
Our services include:
- Tourist and Business Visitor Visas
- Work permits (including Labour Market Impact Assessments)
- Intra-company transferees
- Study permits
- Permanent residency applications
- Family sponsorship applications
- Inadmissibility issues (Criminal Rehabilitation and Temporary Resident Permits)
- Tourist and business visitor visas (B1/B2)
- Work visas (including TN, E, H, L, O and P categories)
- Employment-based Permanent Residency applications (including adjustment of status and consular-based applications)
- Family-based Permanent Residency applications
- Inadmissibility issues
Our team of experienced lawyers, paralegals and assistants are located in our various offices across the country which further enhances our ability to advise on and assist with province-specific immigration programs and specific policy requirements for different immigration offices and ports of entry.
Our clients include:
- Companies in all industry sectors including oil and gas, technology, manufacturing, financial services, mining, transportation, entertainment, hospitality, tourism and trades
- Post-secondary institutions
- Professional leaders in business, the sciences and the arts
- Investors and entrepreneurs
- Individuals and family members