Walter Rigobon has been in private practice for over 39 years. Walter’s practice focusses on corporate and commercial transactions. Walter has extensive experience in both business law and real estate and he routinely handles sophisticated and complex purchases, sales, financings and reorganizations.
Prior to joining Miller Thomson, Walter co-founded a boutique firm in the GTA.
- Purchase and sale of a downtown Toronto office building portfolio.
- Sale of a retail fitness chain to a national sporting goods company.
- Acquisition of land, construction financing and leasing for one of southwestern Ontario’s largest developers.
- Purchase of a golf course and surrounding development land.
- Working with major accounting firms to implement tax reorganizations utilizing various sections of the Income Tax and Land Transfer Tax Acts.
- Financing development and investment properties for a significant private commercial lender.
- Implementing estate planning strategies utilizing multiple wills, spousal and child trusts and powers of attorney for management of property and personal care.
- June Callwood Outstanding Achievement Award for Voluntarism
- Master of Ceremonies for the World Parkinson’s Program 2021 Gala
- Pro bono counsel to Hospice Vaughan
- Former Official Agent for Members of Parliament
- Assisted with initial legal work for York Opera
- Coached youth hockey and soccer teams
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 1982
- J.D., Osgoode Hall Law School, 1980