Vita Dos Santos is an Associate in Miller Thomson’s business law group, and focuses on Intellectual Property and Technology. Vita works with other members of the team to offer practical business advice to companies and entrepreneurs in various sectors. Having come to law from a career in private business sector, Vita offers her unique insight to business clients by combining legal skills and knowledge with deep understanding of practical realities of business operations and demands.
Vita joined Miller Thomson after completing her articles with the firm. While in law school, Vita spent a summer working in the legal department of a multinational oil and gas company. She also volunteered with the University of Calgary Student Legal Assistance Program, assisting clients with claims before the Tax Court of Canada and the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta.
Prior to law school, Vita worked as a TV journalist. She also held roles in administration, human resources and real estate development while working for a Vancouver based franchise company. This work gave her first-hand knowledge of the operations of a company and inspired her interest in business law.
- The Victoria Community Resources Society
- Canadian Bar Association
- British Columbia Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- French (conversational)
Bar admissions & education
- British Columbia Bar, 2019
- J.D., University of Calgary, 2018
- Business Management Certificate, British Columbia Institute of Technology, 2013
- B.A. (Honours), Cherkasy State Technological University, 2007