Victoria Wu practices primarily in commercial real estate law and represents clients in all aspects of real estate transactions and developments. Fluent in English and Chinese with knowledge and experience in Canadian law, English law, Hong Kong law and China (PRC) related matters, Victoria brings international expertise to the firm’s real estate group allowing clients locally and internationally to benefit from her unique skill sets and perspectives.
She assists clients with:
- Real property sale and acquisition: represents both sellers and purchasers on all kinds of real properties transactions
- Real property development: represents local and foreign developers and investors on residential, commercial, industrial and mix-use development projects including ownership structuring, zoning, subdivision, compliance, marketing and strata matters
- Leasing: represents both landlords and tenants on all kinds of leases
- Financing: represents both lenders and borrowers on acquisition financings and project financings
Victoria received her Master of Laws degree from the University of Leeds in England where she finished at the top of her class, and received the Ford and Warren LLM Prize for outstanding academic achievements. She began her law career in the Hong Kong office of a top international firm and assisted in multi-jurisdictional corporate transactions and business matters for clients from private business, to public corporations, and state owned enterprises.
Victoria was a co-founder of an intellectual gaming business in Vancouver. She brings her business experience and entrepreneurship skills to her law practice.
- Pro Bono Lawyer, Access Pro Bono Legal Clinic and solicitor program
- Executive Member, Canadian Bar Association BC Branch, Real Property Section
- Director, Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers, BC Chapter
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Urban Development Institute
- Christian Legal Fellowship, Canada
- Law Society of Hong Kong
Bar admissions & education
- British Columbia Bar, 2015
- Hong Kong Bar, 2013
- LL.M., University of Leeds, 2010
- B.A. (Criminology), Simon Fraser University, 2007