Trent Johnson is an experienced litigation lawyer focused on practical and efficient resolutions to complex business disputes. Trent assists clients in identifying sound business solutions with a results-oriented approach. Trent frequently appears before tribunals, the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal, the Superior Court of Justice, the Divisional Court, and the Ontario Court of Appeal.
Trent provides sound advice and counsel in a number of areas:
Estate litigation: acting for estates, executors, and beneficiaries in cases involving will challenges, guardianship applications, dependants’ relief, and passing of accounts.
Construction law: acting for owners, general contractors, and subcontractors from contract development to dispute resolution for matters ranging from home renovations to large-scale commercial developments.
Municipal law: acting for municipalities, developers, and individuals at Local Planning Appeal Tribunal hearings dealing with planning, zoning, heritage, and environmental appeals. In addition, court applications dealing with right of ways, easements and adverse possession.
Outside the practice of law, Trent is actively involved with a number of community organizations and enjoys competing in various sports in Guelph.
In 2013, Trent was recognized by the Guelph Mercury as one of the city’s “Top 40 Under 40.” This award highlights residents under the age of 40 who have excelled in their careers and demonstrated a commitment to community leadership.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Recognized by the Guelph Mercury as one of the city’s” Top 40 Under 40.”
- Past President, Board of Directors, Wellington County Law Association
- Board of Directors, Secretary, Habitat for Humanity Wellington Dufferin Guelph
- Board of Directors, Guelph and District Homebuilders’ Association Board of Directors, Past
- Board of Directors, Rotary Club of Guelph Trillium, Past
- Member, Law Society of Ontario
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Wellington County Law Association
- Member, Guelph and Cambridge Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Ontario Agri Business Association
- Member, Rotary Club of Guelph Trillium
- Member, Guelph and District Home Builders’ Association
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2005
- Construction Law Certificate, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, 2014
- LL.B., University of Windsor, 2004
- J.D., University of Detroit Mercy, 2004
- B.Soc.Sc. (cum laude), University of Ottawa, 2000
Trenton Johnson is recognized by the Guelph Mercury as one of the city’s Top 40 Under 40 for 2013.
This award highlights residents under the age of 40 who have excelled in their careers and demonstrated a commitment to community leadership. See article here.
Miller Thomson is proud to present 18 of our finest lawyers who have been admitted to the partnership.
Ormonde Benson (Toronto)Ivan Bernardo (Calgary)Laura Cassiani (Toronto)Gail Black (Calgary)Scott Galajda (Guelph)David Holmes (Toronto)Alisha Hurley (Edmonton)Kent Jesse (Calgary)Trenton Johnson (Guelph)John Jung (Calgary)Monique Petrin Nicholson (Edmonton)Josée Pilon (Montréal)Darren Smits (Calgary)Ian Smith (Edmonton)Kevin Sorochan (Vancouver)Jennifer Spencer (Vancouver)Amanda Stacey (Toronto)Lauren Toreson (Edmonton)
Lawyers from our Southwestern Ontario offices speak at the Ontario Mutual Insurance Association (OMIA) Insurance Workshop on May 20th.
The following lawyers will speak at the event: Ashleigh Leon will be presenting on the “Top 10 Accident Benefit Cases” Gordon Robson and James Prior will present on “Notable Tort Actions of the Past Year” Lori Sprott will present on...