Tessa Green maintains a general civil and commercial litigation practice, including personal injury. Tessa has a particular interest in employment and tort law. Tessa has experience drafting pleadings, legal opinions, court applications and written submissions for a variety of forums.
Tessa obtained her Juris Doctorate from the University of Alberta in 2019, graduating with distinction. During her time at the Faculty of Law, Tessa was involved in a number of extracurricular activities such as participating in Law Show and was a member of the Panda Bearristers rugby team. She also volunteered with Student Legal Services and Pro Bono Student Services.
Prior to attending law school, Tessa obtained her Bachelor of Commerce degree with distinction in Human Resources Management from MacEwan University. While completing her undergraduate degree, Tessa played on the Varsity Women’s Soccer Team at MacEwan and spent a semester abroad in Barcelona, Spain. After completing her Bachelor of Commerce degree and before commencing her legal studies, Tessa worked in recruitment at an international staffing agency.
Tessa remains actively involved in the Edmonton legal community, serving as a volunteer with the Provincial Court of Civil Claims Duty Counsel Program and the Court of Queen’s Bench Amicus Program.
Outside of the law, Tessa has a great interest in various sports. She played has played soccer and basketball competitively and continues to do so.
- Civil Claims Duty Counsel, 2019 – Present
- Amicus Program, 2019 – Present
- Student Legal Services Criminal Law Project, 2017 – 2018
- Pro Bono Student Services, 2017 – 2018
- Coach, Edmonton Drillers Youth Soccer Club, 2013 – 2016
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
Bar admissions & education
- Alberta Bar, 2020
- Juris Doctor with distinction, University of Alberta, 2019
- Bachelor of Commerce with distinction, MacEwan University, 2015