Stephanie Massé practises in Miller Thomson’s Montreal litigation group, specializing mainly in commercial and insurance litigation. Her practice also extends to civil liability and construction litigation.
Stephanie has experience working with insurance defence clients in settling and defending a broad range of commercial, professional liability, and product liability claims. She uses a detail-oriented and creative approach to achieving results in a timely and cost-effective manner for her clients involved in insurance litigation.
In her commercial litigation practice, Stephanie counsels clients on strategies in relation to contractual and shareholder disputes, as well as negligence and misrepresentation claims. She has experience acting in urgent proceedings such as injunctions and safeguard measures.
Stephanie joined the firm in 2014 after graduating in law from the University of Ottawa, and was called to the Bar in 2015. She also obtained a Bachelor of Commerce from Concordia University’s John Molson School of Business in 2010. She is currently a candidate for a Common Law Juris Doctor degree from the University of Montreal, expected to be obtained in 2020.
Stephanie is perfectly trilingual, and can offer legal services in French, English and Spanish. Stephanie frequently appears before all levels of courts in Quebec, and participates in alternative means of dispute resolution such as mediation and judicial settlement conferences.
- ”Builders’ Risk Insurance – The Supreme Court Clarifies the Rules of Interpretation”, Lloyd’s Brief: Canadian Legal Perspectives, article written with Nathalie Durocher and Mary Delli Quadri, January 2017
- ”Builders’ Risk Insurance – The Supreme Court Clarifies the Rules of Interpretation”, Construction Newsletter – Quebec, article written with Nathalie Durocher and Mary Delli Quadri, September 2016
- Sponsorship committee, Let’s Bond benefiting the Mental Illness Foundation (since 2015)
- President, Association du droit des affaires de l’Université d’Ottawa, University of Ottawa, (2012–2013)
- Assistant Editor, Revue générale de droit, University of Ottawa, (2012–2013)
Bar admissions & education
- Quebec Bar, 2015
- Juris Doctor, North American Common Law, Université de Montréal, (Candidate)
- LL.L., University of Ottawa, 2013
- Introduction to International Financial Law and Regulation summer program, London School of Economics and Political Science, 2012
- BComm, John Molson School of Business, 2010