Spencer Einhorn is an active member of Miller Thomson’s Business Law group, with a focus on Corporate/M&A and Financial Services. He works with other team members to ensure that clients’ transactions and corporate finance matters are handled effectively and efficiently. Spencer has experience handling generate corporate matters, assisting with corporate mergers and acquisitions, and corporate reorganizations.
Prior to joining the firm, Spencer obtained his Bachelor of Science and Juris Doctor from the University of Alberta and worked in the engineering and consulting industry for several years.
During his time in law school, Spencer was an active member in the Faculty of Law athletic teams.
Spencer volunteers for the Provincial Court Civil Claims Duty Counsel Program and the Court of Queen’s Bench Amicus Program.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Anthony (Tony) Cairo Memorial Prize in Professional Responsibility, University of Alberta, 2017
- W Bernie Kelly Q.C. Memorial Prize, University of Alberta, 2018
- Jones and de Villars’ Prize in Administrative Law, University of Alberta, 2018
- Harris Gillespie Field Q.C. Prize in Environmental Law, University of Alberta, 2018
- Odishaw Family Prize in Techniques in Negotiation, University of Alberta, 2018
- Echoridge Education Foundation Physiology and Developmental Biology Scholarship, University of Alberta, 2013
- Civil Claims Duty Counsel
- Court of Queen’s Bench Amicus Program
- Student Legal Services Civil and Family Division, 2015 – 2016
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
Bar admissions & education
- Alberta Bar, 2019
- J.D. (with distinction), University of Alberta, 2018
- B.Sc. (with distinction), University of Alberta, 2014