Souhail Nejjar is an associate in Miller Thomson's commercial litigation group. He joined the firm as a student before completing his articles. His practice encompasses commercial and civil litigation, including insurance and insolvency matters.
Souhail has a multidisciplinary background, having completed a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science before obtaining his Bachelor of Laws from the University of Ottawa.
Throughout his studies, Souhail supplemented his academic career with significant volunteer work, notably with Pro Bono Students Canada and the Court of Québec. He has also participated in UN simulations – including the National Model United Nations in New York, where his delegation was awarded the Outstanding delegation prize – as well as the Pierre-Basile-Mignault moot court competition, which allowed him to acquire important oratory skills.
Because of his keen interest for global issues, Souhail also participated in the organization of round tables, conferences and debates to which personalities from the political, economic and diplomatic spheres were invited.
- COVID-19 Commitment: Souhail worked with the healthcare network at the beginning of the health crisis. He was first a nurse’s aide at the Jewish Eldercare Centre and then a COVID agent at the Maimonides Donald Berman Geriatric Centre.
- Pro bono: Pilot project with the Court of Quebec, Small Claims Chamber: Treatment of citizen files pending before the Small Claims Chamber. Souhail presented legal information to citizens relevant to their litigation.
- Pro bono: Clinique de droit notarial de l’Outaouais (CNO): Souhail provided legal information to citizens who were in the process of litigation or who were considering taking legal action.
- Pro bono: Accompagnement des femmes immigrantes de l’Outaouais (AFIO): Souhail participated in the writing of pamphlets on the rights and protections of women in marriage, civil union or de facto union situations. These pamphlets aimed to popularize and democratize information for people who are foreign to the Quebec legal system and who are generally in fragile or dependent situations.
Bar admissions & education
- Quebec Bar, 2021
- Law Degree (LL.L.), University of Ottawa
- Bachelor in Political Science, School of Governance and Economics Rabat