Smaranda Mihalachi is specialized in insolvency and commercial debt recovery. She joined the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Group of Miller Thomson in October 2011, a year after being an articling student at the firm.
In her practice, she assists financial institutions and businesses either by way of representations before the courts or by way of legal opinions.
As part of her practice, Smaranda is called to plead before the judicial and administrative authorities of the province of Quebec. Moreover, she has pleaded before the Court of Québec, the Superior Court and the Court of Appeal.
Furthermore, with respect to debt recovery, she was also called upon to represent institutional clients before the Régie du logement (Rental Board).
- Comité Logement Rosemont, (2007-2008)
- Centraide of Greater Montreal
- Young Leaders Circle of the Montreal Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Canadian Bar Association
- Turnaround Management Association
- Association of Québec Women in Finance
- Club des jeunes ambassadeurs de l’OSM – OSM +
Bar admissions & education
- Québec Bar, 2010
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2009