Ryley Schmidt maintains a diverse practice primarily focusing on condominium and cooperative law, real estate law, general civil and commercial litigation, administrative law, and municipal law. Ryley has experience drafting pleadings, legal opinions, court applications and written submissions for a variety of forums.
Ryley obtained his Juris Doctor with Distinction from the University of Alberta in June 2021. During his time at the Faculty of Law, Ryley was recognized on the Dean’s List, served as Chair of the Faculty of Law Mental Health and Wellness Committee, and served as an executive of OUTlaw, a student organization dedicated to providing visibility and support for the LGBTQ+ community within the Faculty of Law.
Ryley is actively involved in the Edmonton legal community, serving as a volunteer with the Provincial Court Civil Claims Duty Counsel Program and the Court of Queen’s Bench Amicus Program.
Outside of the office, Ryley enjoys spending time with his partner and considers himself a savvy home cook and film critic.
- Civil Claims Duty Counsel, 2021 – Present
- Chair & Treasurer, Faculty of Law Mental Health and Wellness Committee, 2018 – 2021
- Treasurer & Secretary, OUTlaw, 2018 – 2021
- Pro Bono Students Canada, 2018
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
Bar admissions & education
- Alberta Bar, 2022
- J.D. (with Distinction), University of Alberta, 2021
- B.Com. (with Distinction), University of Alberta, 2018