Rosemarie Sarrazin’s practice focuses on commercial litigation, including bankruptcy and insolvency as well as securities. She has been involved in multiple bankruptcy and insolvency matters in which she had to appear before the courts of the province of Quebec, including the Superior Court and the Court of Appeal. Rosemarie also has experience with long-term trials, including in matters pertaining to securities.
She obtained her law degree from the Université de Montréal in 2017. To further develop her expertise, she is currently studying to obtain a master’s degree in business law from the same university.
During her studies, Rosemarie was involved with the Faculty of Law. She was a member of the board of directors of the student association for three years, including one as chair. In addition, she was a research assistant in civil law for Patrice Deslauriers and Élise Charpentier. Finally, Rosemarie was also a member of the rugby team of the Université de Montréal for two seasons.
• Acting for the minority shareholders of Fibrek Inc. before the Superior Court in connection with the hostile takeover of Fibrek by Resolute Forest Products (formerly AbitibiBowater Inc.). This litigation ended with a victory in the Superior Court for our clients.
• Acting for Home Depot of Canada Inc. before the Superior Court and the Court of Appeal in the insolvency of Aquadis International Inc.
- La Loi sur les arrangements avec les créanciers des compagnies et le droit des tiers, Journée stratégique redressement et insolvabilité, Montréal, November 12, 2019
• The Young Bar of Montréal
• Québec Bar
Bar admissions & education
- Quebec Bar, 2019
- LL.M., Business Law, Université de Montréal, in progress
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2017