Rosemarie Sarrazin is an associate in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution group. Her practice covers all aspects of civil and commercial litigation, including securities, contractual disputes, bankruptcy and insolvency as well as product liability.
She has been involved in matters before all levels of Quebec courts, as well as before the Supreme Court, and has assisted clients in arbitration proceedings both local and international. Rosemarie has also acquired significant experience in injunctive proceedings and safeguard measures, and perfected her advocacy skills through her involvement in long-term trials.
She obtained her law degree from the Université de Montréal in 2017. To further develop her expertise, she is currently studying to obtain a master’s degree in business law from the same university.
• Acting for the minority shareholders of Fibrek Inc. before the Superior Court in connection with the hostile takeover of Fibrek by Resolute Forest Products (formerly AbitibiBowater Inc.). This litigation ended with a victory in the Superior Court for our clients.
• Acting for Home Depot of Canada Inc. before the Superior Court and the Court of Appeal in the insolvency of Aquadis International Inc.
- “Leçons apprises des décisions marquantes en matière de sûreté et insolvabilité”, Strategic Day 2021 Commercial Loan & Security by Open Forum, presented with Hubert Sibre, January 27, 2021
- Editorial team member, “Code civil du Québec Annotations – Commentaires”, Éditions Yvon Blais – Thomson Reuters, 2nd to 5th editions
- La Loi sur les arrangements avec les créanciers des compagnies et le droit des tiers, Journée stratégique redressement et insolvabilité, Montréal, November 12, 2019
• The Young Bar of Montréal
• Quebec Bar
Bar admissions & education
- Quebec Bar, 2019
- LL.M., Business Law, Université de Montréal, in progress
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2017