Rosanne Rocchi is an associate counsel with an established trust and estate law practice. She has a focus on estate planning, trusts, pensions, and succession law. Rosanne has extensive experience with wealth transfers and management including business succession planning and family shareholder dispute resolution. She is also experienced in many areas of tax, corporate, and trust law, including pension trusts and benefit trusts, with an emphasis on fiduciary issues in both the commercial and charitable sectors.
Rosanne’s creativity is evident in her ability to design unique products and innovative vehicles in the areas of business trusts and private sector-public sector partnering arrangements. Her background as a director of a national public financial institution made her a valuable adviser on investment management issues including prudent investor issues and guidelines for ethical investing initiatives.
Rosanne is a frequent speaker and author on estate and trust law. She was the editor of Estates, Trusts and Pensions Journal (1997 to 2005, Canada Law Book). She is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners, CBA, and CTF. Rosanne holds a Masters of Law in taxation from Osgoode Hall Law School, and was admitted to the Ontario Bar in 1978.
Professional achievements & leadership
- The Best Lawyers in Canada – Trusts and Estates, 2006 – 2019
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory, Estate & Personal Tax Planning; Charities & Not-for-Profit Law, 2012 – 2018
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent® Rated Lawyer, 1988 – 2018
- Listed in “Women in the Lead” Ivey Women in Management Newsletter Directory; a national directory of Canadian women whose professional expertise and experience recommend them as candidates for corporate board appointment
- Who’s Who Legal Canada: Private Client, 2015
- Board of Governors, Regis College, University of Toronto
- Director, RTIM Management Holdings Inc. (investment management subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada), 1996 – 2000
- Governor, Canadian Tax Foundation, 1988-1991
- Alternate Governor, Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Club, National Hockey League, 1989 – 1991
- Alternate Governor, Toronto Argonauts Football Club, Canadian Football League, 1991 – 1992
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Tax Foundation
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 1978
- LL.M., (Taxation), Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, 1986
- LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, 1976
- B.A., University of Toronto, 1973