Rohit Kumar is an experienced litigator whose practice covers a wide range of complex commercial litigation. He specializes in securities law, regulatory compliance investigations and enforcement litigation, professional discipline, liability, and white-collar defence.
Rohit has appeared before all levels of court in Ontario and various administrative tribunals. He has prosecuted and defended professionals before multiple licensing bodies. Rohit has defended directors, officers and companies against allegations of corporate malfeasance including fraud. He has acted for clients in shareholder disputes and breach of contract matters.
Rohit also has experience with regulatory policy development and implementation in the financial services sector. He has an in-depth understanding of how to identify and manage compliance risks and respond to potential breaches.
Rohit joined Miller Thomson from the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada where he served in roles including Enforcement Counsel and Legal Counsel, Director of Regional Councils.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Litigation – Corporate Commercial, 2020-2022
- Benchmark Canada, Litigation Star, 2020-2022
- “Shareholder Oppression Requires More than Poor Record-Keeping”, Cambridge Spectrum, Spring 2017.
- “Be Honest, It’s Your Duty: Expanding Contractual Obligations for Businesses.” Cambridge Spectrum, Spring 2016.
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2005
- LL.B., Faculty of Law, University of Ottawa, 2004
- B.A. (fine arts, honours), York University, 2001