Rhea Solis practises corporate/commercial and securities law. She advises clients on both corporate and securities matters with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, and corporate finance. Her extensive experience includes national and international securities, corporate finance, and corporate/commercial transactions such as public and private brokered and non-brokered securities offerings, fund formations, stock exchange listings, plans of arrangement, initial public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, share and asset purchases, and corporate restructurings and reorganizations.
Rhea has drafted various securities and corporate/commercial documents including subscription agreements, offering memorandums, information circulars, prospectuses, amalgamation agreements, share and asset purchase agreements, arrangement agreements, unanimous shareholder agreements, joint venture agreements, and limited partnership agreements.
Rhea serves as the Corporate Secretary to a number of private Boards and sits on the Board of a non-profit association. She also assists public and private companies, and registrants with continuous disclosure obligations, securities regulatory requirements, and corporate governance matters.
- Author, “The Alberta Investor Tax Credit,” Securities Practice Notes, April 2017
- Author, “The Alberta Securities Commission Advances New Capital-Raising Initiatives for Start-up Business,” Securities Practice Notes, August 2016
- Author, “Revisions to Offering Memorandum Rules Across Canada,” Securities Practice Notes, April 5, 2016
- Author, “Alberta’s Bill 5, the Securities Amendment Act, 2014, Receives Royal Assent,” Lexology, 2014
- Author, “CSA Staff Consultation Note 45–401,” Securities Practice Notes, Winter 2012
- Author, “Alberta Blanket Order Completes “North West” Exemptions From Universal Registration Requirements,” Securities Practice Notes, Summer 2010
- Co-author, “Capital Raising Under the New Registration Regime,” Securities Practice Notes, Fall 2009
- Director, Calgary Rangers Soccer Club and Sports Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
Bar admissions & education
- Alberta Bar, 2007
- J.D., University of Calgary, 2006
- MBA, Ivey Business School, Western University, 2003