Rhea Solis practises corporate/commercial and securities law. She advises clients on both corporate and securities matters with a focus on corporate finance. Her experience includes national and international securities, corporate finance, and corporate/commercial transactions such as public and private brokered and non-brokered securities offerings, fund formations, stock exchange listings, dissident proxy solicitations, plans of arrangement, initial public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, share and asset purchases, corporate restructurings and reorganizations, and debt restructuring.
Rhea serves as the Corporate Secretary to a number of private Boards and sits on the Board of non-profit associations. She also assists public and private companies, exempt market dealers, portfolio managers and investment fund managers with continuous disclosure obligations, securities regulatory requirements, and corporate governance matters.
Rhea has drafted various securities and corporate/commercial documents including subscription agreements, offering memorandums, information circulars, dissident information circulars, prospectuses, amalgamation agreements, share and asset purchase agreements, unanimous shareholder agreements, joint venture agreements, and limited partnership agreements.
Prior to entering law, Rhea worked in the banking industry in the United States.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Recipient, Petroleum Tax Prize at the University of Calgary, 2006
- Recipient, Robert V. Brouillard Scholarship at the Richard Ivey School of Business, 2001
- The Alberta Investor Tax Credit, Miller Thomson Securities Practice Notes, April 2017
- The Alberta Securities Commission Advances New Capital-Raising Initiatives for Start-up Business, August 2016
- Revisions to Offering Memorandum Rules Across Canada, Securities Practice Notes, April 5, 2016
- Alberta’s Bill 5, the Securities Amendment Act, 2014, Receives Royal Assent, Lexology, 2014
- Alberta’s Bill 5, the Securities Amendment Act, 2014, Receives Royal Assent, Securities Practice Notes, December 2014
- CSA Staff Consultation Note 45–401, Securities Practice Notes, Winter 2012
- Alberta Blanket Order Completes “North West” Exemptions From Universal Registration Requirements, Securities Practice Notes, Summer 2010
- Capital Raising Under the New Registration Regime, Securities Practice Notes, Fall 2009
- Director, Calgary Rangers Soccer Club and Sports Association
- Director, Summit Foundation for Cystic Fibrosis
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
Bar admissions & education
- Alberta Bar, 2007
- J.D., University of Calgary, 2006
- MBA, Ivey Business School, Western University, 2003
- B.Comm., University of Calgary, 1998