Renata’s practice is focused on education law. She recognizes the paramount importance of putting student’s needs first, which guides her legal strategies when advising clients. She has experience dealing with human rights, privacy, procurement, student discipline and governance issues within the educator sector. Renata is a strong advocate, but always explores and promotes extra-judicial resolutions where practicable.
Education Law: advises and represents education sector clients regarding various issues in the education context, including human rights, privacy, procurement, student discipline and governance matters.
Renata started her legal career at an education focused law firm, where she was a summer student, articling student and associate. Renata has presented to domestic and international clients and other lawyers, and authored various articles on new case law. She is currently the CPD liaison for the Ontario Bar Association’s Education Law Section.
- Webster v. Inneractive Security Services Inc., 2020 ONSC 6957 (CanLII)
- Longo v. Tricom Security Services Inc., 2020 ONSC 4160 (CanLII)
- Co-author, Historic Case of Sexual Abuse: Addressing Vicarious and Independent Liability of School Board, 2020
- Co-author, Report on The OBA Program: Teachable Moments – Top Issues in Regulatory Proceedings Involving Educators, 2016
- Contributor, Education and Law Journal – Annual Review of Education Law (Carswell), 2015-2017
- Renata participated in the Great Cycle Challenge and mentored students at her alma mater and law students.
- Ontario Bar Association, Education Law Section
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2017
- J.D., University of Windsor, 2016
- B.A. (Hons), University of Toronto, 2013