Raman Atwal's practice focuses on commercial and construction litigation where he frequently acts as counsel for developers, builders, contractors, subcontractors and project managers. He also handles breaches of real estate contracts and debtor-creditor, shareholder and joint venture disputes. In addition, Raman acts for a variety of professionals, including architects and engineers involved in the design and construction of commercial and residential structures.
Raman is continually energized by the complex, engaging files that come his way. He values a results-based practice and enjoys working in a profession that teaches him something new and thought-provoking every day.
His practice experience includes:
- Commercial Litigation: acting as counsel on a number of major commercial disputes including joint venture disputes, real estate transactions, breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty action.
- Construction Litigation: acting as counsel for owners, developers, builders, contractors, subcontractors and project managers during contractual disputes arising during or after construction including pre-litigation arbitration and negotiation.
- Professional Negligence: acting for a variety of professionals, including architects and engineers involved in the design and construction of commercial and residential structures including pre-litigation arbitration and negotiation and post-construction mediation and trial.
- General Civil Litigation: acting as counsel at trial for individuals and entities spanning many areas of general civil litigation including loan issues, creditor-debtor disputes and collections.
Raman has twice presented on construction contracts and their administration in front of British Columbia Homebuilders. He has also presented on negligence in the realm of construction disputes in front of the British Columbia Paralegals Association.
Raman previously worked at a regional litigation firm where focused on commercial and construction litigation including defending professionals involved in the construction of residential and commercial structures. He brings with him vast experience in client management and prioritizes running a results-based practice.
Raman is deeply entrenched with the Surrey Memorial Hospital Foundation. He is always available to provide any pro bono tips and suggestions and makes regular visits to his community hospital.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Vancouver Bar Association
- Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
Bar admissions & education
- British Columbia Bar, 2015
- J.D. (Hons), Bond University, 2014
- Bachelor of Human Kinetics and Exercise Science, University of British Columbia, 2011