Paola Camacho is passionate about legal issues specific to the construction industry. Her studies in civil law have have made her comfortable with the Civil Code, allowing her to find bold solutions to disputes. In addition, Paola has worked with real estate developers in Colombia, allowing her to familiarize herself with the daily challenges in the construction industry and in the world of entrepreneurship, an asset that she wishes to put at the service of her clients.
Being a first generation immigrant, Paola does not hesitate to put her professional and personal experience at the service of the community. In particular, she offers mentoring to newly immigrated jurists in Quebec and is involved with non-profit organizations to support the integration of newcomers.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Recipient of the Borden Ladner Gervais Professional Excellence Scholarship, Fall/Winter 2017
- Recipient of the Merit scholarship, Winter 2017/2018
- Won an award for the result of the ECAES Knowledge Test in Colombia, Spring 2012
- Mentoring of recently immigrated lawyers and involvement with not-for-profit organizations supporting recent immigrants.
Bar admissions & education
- Québec Bar, 2019
- Colombia Bar, 2012
- Bachelor of Civil Law, Columbia, 2012
- Graduate Degree in Business Law, Colombia, 2015
- Civil Law Degree (LL.L.), University of Ottawa, 2018