Nicolas McKay is a lawyer in Miller Thomson's Commercial Litigation and Insurance Litigation groups. His litigation work has included advocating for clients in contractual and business disputes, residential tenancy matters, debt collection, and strata disputes. He has experience appearing before the Provincial Court of British Columbia and the Supreme Court of British Columbia, and has represented clients in the Civil Resolution Tribunal. Nicolas works collaboratively with members of the litigation team to ensure that clients receive strategic, pragmatic, and efficient legal services.
Nicolas completed his articles with Miller Thomson where he gained valuable experience working across a broad range of practice areas. He spent the summer after his second year of law school working at West Coast Environmental Law where he honed his legal research, writing, and advocacy skills assisting staff lawyers with an array of complex and exciting issues in environmental and Indigenous law.
Prior to commencing law school, Nicolas worked for ten years as an estimator in the construction industry.
- Indigenous Law Students Association, 2015 – 2018
- Law Student’s Legal Advice Program, Fall 2016
- Canadian Bar Association
- Vancouver Bar Association
- Law Society of British Columbia
Bar admissions & education
- British Columbia Bar, 2019
- J.D. (Specialization in Aboriginal Law), University of British Columbia Faculty of Law, 2018
- B.A., Political Science, University of British Columbia, 2014