Neil Gurmukh’s practice focuses on advisory work and planning on the income tax-related aspects of mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations and financings. Neil also frequently acts on tax controversy and GST/HST and sales tax matters.
Neil has completed the CPA’s In-depth Tax Course, the CBA’s Tax Law for Lawyers Program and the Canadian Securities Course. He graduated with cum laude distinction from the University of Ottawa’s Faculty of Law and was called to the bar in both Alberta (in 2008) and Ontario (in 2011).
- Using the Oppression Remedy to Enforce Unpaid Corporate Judgments, Tax for the Owner-Manager, Canadian Tax Foundation, April, 2013
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- International Fiscal Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- South Asian Bar Association of Toronto
Bar admissions & education
- Ontario Bar, 2011
- Alberta Bar, 2008
- Tax Law for Lawyers, Canadian Bar Association, 2012
- In-Depth Tax Course Part I/II, Chartered Professional Accountants Canada, 2010
- LL.B., University of Ottawa, 2007
- BBA (Honours), Wilfrid Laurier University, 2004
- Canadian Securities Course, Canadian Securities Institute, 2003