Michel La Roche is a senior commercial lawyer with many years of experience. Michel is the National leader of Miller Thomson’s Insolvency and Restructuring group. He has developed a particular expertise in restructuring, financing, winding-up, bankruptcy and commercial fraud matters, and regularly works on major asset purchases and sale transactions involving corporations in the real estate, construction, manufacturing, distribution and service industries.
His clientele includes financial institutions, business corporations, trustees and the corporate counsels of financial institutions. Michel has pleaded before most levels of court in Canada.
He has been asked to act as guest speaker for the Canadian Institute, the Canadian Bar Association and various financial institutions.
Michel has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in Canada as a leading insolvency lawyer since 2013.
Professional achievements & leadership
- The Best Lawyers in Canada – Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law, 2013-2022
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Pinegrove Golf
- Former President of the Young Bar of Montréal
- Member of the Board of the Bar of Montréal
- Member of the Board of the Quebec Bar
- Member of the Board of the Corporation de services du Barreau du Quebec
- Member of various committees, including the committee on Liaison with the Superior Court, Commercial Division, for several years
- Canadian Bar Association
Bar admissions & education
- Quebec Bar, 1975
- LL.L, Université de Montréal, 1974