Mary Delli Quadri is a partner in Miller Thomson’s litigation group. Her practice primarily consists of commercial and insurance litigation. As well, she is currently involved in various product liability, securities and insurance class actions.
Mary represents manufacturers and financial institutions in various product liability class actions. In addition, she is involved in D&O litigation and shareholder disputes. Mary has amassed considerable experience in commercial litigation and international arbitration. She has also successfully defended players in the aerospace industry in high stakes litigation.
Mary is also regularly retained to defend insurance brokers, financial advisors and planners and other professionals before both Ontario and Quebec courts. She has also been retained as coverage and defence counsel by both domestic and foreign insurance carriers in large scale construction matters involving professionals such as architects and engineers.
Mary is the current marketing liaison officer for the Mass Torts Specialty Litigation Group of the Defence Research Institute (DRI). She is also currently a course lecturer at the Faculties of Law of McGill University and the Université de Montréal.
Mary is fluently bilingual in French and English, and also speaks Italian.
Professional achievements & leadership
- Benchmark Canada, Future Star: Dispute resolution, 2020
- Vous êtes poursuivi ! Que faire ou ne pas faire du côté de l’assurance ?, Miller Thomson annual Construction Law seminar, March 20, 2018, presented jointly with Nathalie Durocher
- ”Lesson to Directors: You can be held personally liable for oppressive conduct”, Financial Services & Insolvency Communiqué, July 20, 2017
- ”Builders’ Risk Insurance – The Supreme Court Clarifies the Rules of Interpretation”, Lloyd’s Brief: Canadian Legal Perspectives, article written with Nathalie Durocher and Stéphanie Massé, January 2017
- ”Builders’ Risk Insurance – The Supreme Court Clarifies the Rules of Interpretation”, Construction Newsletter – Quebec, article written with Nathalie Durocher and Stéphanie Massé, September 2016
- “Where Did the Money Go?: What Does it Take to Protect your Company from fake President’s Fraud?”, Clydeco Publication, March 29, 2016
- “Obligation de bonne foi et de renseignement…ne négliger pas les tiers!” Magazine – Chambre de la sécurité financière, December 2014 – January and February 2015
- “Overlapping Insurance Policies: The Court of Appeal of Ontario Toes the Line”, Lavery Publications, April 2014
- Canadian Bar Association
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS Committee)
- Canadian Defence Lawyers
- Defense Research Institute
Bar admissions & education
- Québec Bar, 2006
- Ontario Bar, 2006
- LL.B./J.D., Université de Montréal, 2004
- B.Com. in Finance and International Business, McGill University, 2000